Friday, November 17, 2017

Zentangle Happenings

In addition to my November challenge tiles, I've been doing other Zentangle practices.

I had an influx of followers on my FB page, Yankee Tangler, and so drew up this little primer quickly to help them jump right in.




I made this after finishing Eni Oken's Tangled Letters; it follows the same process even though it's a peace sign.  I added the pencil Sandswirl in the background for added texture.



I made this after my uncle died, as my family drew together to celebrate his life.



And this was for my mother-in-law on the day of her recent eye surgery.



This is a tile that I'd started weeks ago and with which I was displeased.  But I saved it to try again.  No mistakes!


I bought some new gray brush pens, Sakura Koi.  I'm trying them instead of graphite; they give me more control.


Here's the completed tile, with a rainbow from my prism cast upon it.

And finally, I had another henna party, this time at a friend's house in honor of another friend who has breast cancer.  We adapted the Indian art form usually practiced by women for weddings to honor our friend and surround her with supportive female friends at this time of challenge and difficulty.  

Here's my hand, which I did (freehand):


And the hands of the women at the party:


No comments:

Post a Comment