Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Youth Zentangle 101

Last week, I taught my first public Youth Zentangle Class 101--and we had a great time!


Each child got a kit with a bag, pigma pen, pencil, tortillon, sharpener, five tiles,  Zentangle steps bookmark, and my Yankee Tangler postcard.  I had a few things on display, including a small presentation board with some of the tangles we'd be doing.  I also had a few of my Art Drop Rocks--next time, we should tangle one of those with metallic sharpies!

I followed my school curriculum, basically, with a discussion of feelings and emotions, a breath meditation, and then two tiles.  The first one was the basic Z-string, with crescent moon, hollibaugh, cubine, and pokeroot, which my son demonstrated.  Look how well everyone did!


We did a monotangle, or single pattern, next--fassett, which they chose.  I think it was everyone's favorite tangle.



I've gotten a few emails from parents that the kids really enjoyed the class--one even tangled his own bookmarks at home!  I'll be doing another youth class on Thursday, August 25, 3:30-5:00 p.m. and now plan on scheduling a Family Zentangle class in the fall.




No comments:

Post a Comment