Tuesday, August 30, 2016

A Fun Project: Wooden Frame

I really like Target's growing craft section, finding many things I can use for Zentangle projects.  Besides the wood "chips" and canvases that I've decorated in the past, I picked up a wooden frame and some Mod Podge a few weeks ago and made them into a lovely frame.

Here's a quick run-down of my process:

1.  Coat the wood evenly with a thin layer of Mod Podge; I use a foam brush and a disposable aluminum tray (I wouldn't want it to stick to paper.)  Let it dry and reapply if necessary (mainly, if it's still bumpy, put down another layer.)



2.  Pencil your string very lightly.




3.  Tangle your frame with a fine-tip Sharpie.  Use a gray Fabrico to add shading.  When making a frame with a complicated string, I often work on opposite sides of the piece alternately.  I also lay down the "top" tangles first.  Below, I started with the pokeroot and pokeleaf, punzel, and stricircles, before adding the other tangles.  This way, these tangles look like they run over the others, especially noticeable in the upper left corner.

4.  Voilà!



No comments:

Post a Comment