Monday, July 4, 2016

Tile-a-Day: Practice, Practice

I've spent the last week or so learning several new tangles.  But instead of practicing the step outs in my sketchbook the way I usually do, I've been working directly on tiles.  I found many of the tangles on Pinterest and some from my friend and fellow CZT#22 Katrina Starkey Thiebaut.   I've discovered that working several new tangles together, I can better determine my favorites.

Below you see the back and front of one tile.  I think the string was too tight for all those tangles, especially for practice.  But since the process is the most important part for me, I'm sharing it anyway--even without shading, even with "mistakes."  On the back, you'll see that I noted the names of the tangles, if I had them.  I think I like the middle swirly line of Eddy and the canyon-like Taxi, plus the interwoven Gotcha, and especially the black-and-white zig zag.


*Rotate this 90 degrees to match up with tile above

For this tile, I borrowed the ribbon-across-four-tiles idea of Ellen Bruce CZT and again filled the string with tangles I was learning.  


Starting in the upper left tile and moving clockwise, approximately (completing each tile before moving on):  Fassett, Cheesecloth, Quandry, (a version of Waves?), Enyshou, (something with dots and strings), Frames, (a rose), Huggy Bear, Kunstler (waves), Flitter, Amoeba, Voly, Spoon Flowers, Stribations.

No comments:

Post a Comment