Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Tangling My Week

Today's tiles represent the activities of my week:  the star for my father-in-law becoming an American citizen; the treble clef for our piano recital; and the chalice for the Unitarian Universalist singing meditation service I attended.

These tiles are specifically Zentangle-Inspired Art, or ZIAs, because they do not technically follow the dots-border-string-tangle method and are, at least partially in this case, representative and recognizable--mainly the star, the treble clef, and the chalice as the basis or border of the tangles.

Once you have a handle on traditional Zentangle art, it's fun and interesting to explore known shapes or objects.  I have tangled bunnies and penguins for my children, cats in memory of one of our dearly departed pets, and cupcakes on birthday cards, among other things. Here, I'm using ZIAs as a form of journalling or recording my week.    In fact, both the star and treble clef below are duplicates of gifts (when framed) I gave to my father-in-law and piano teacher.





No comments:

Post a Comment