Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Class Preparation



I've got a string of public introductory classes over the next two months, both youth and adult, and I've been getting ready.

Today, I ordered postcards, stickers, and business cards featuring my "Tangled Heart," above.

I've also been practicing basic tangles and strings for the adult class this Thursday.  Granted, I've added some small advanced touches as I practiced.

Crescent Moon, Florz, Hollibaugh Printemps, Perfs, and Flux

Flux, Crescent Moon, Hollibaugh, Printemps, Zander, Springkle

I'm really looking forward to the class. I have eight people coming on Thursday, all new to Zentangle.

More on that soon.

-=-=-=-=-=-

I've also started a list of some basic tangles that encompass many techniques, including auras, "drawing behind," grids, organic, and "drawing towards/drawing away from self."  I've also included a list of "doo-dads" or extras that many of us add to the edges or corners of our strings, extending outside of main design.

 Basic Tangles for Beginner Classes
(I've used the ones marked with an *asterisk.)


Auras
*Crescent Moon
Tripoli
Sez
Quipple
Fassett
Hurry

"Drawing Behind"
*Hollibaugh
Squid
Tagh
(many organics)

Grid
*Florz
Chillon
Bales
Flukes
Patena
*Knightsbridge
Cubine
‘Nzeppel
Yincut
Emingle
Keeko

Organic
*Printemps
*Pokeroot
*Flux
Rixty
*Msst
*Tipple
Nipa
Floo
Ahh
Purlz
Indyrella

Drawing Away/Towards Self
*Static
Eke
*Ing
Meer
Striping
Rain
Echoism
Orlique
Shattuck

Extras--these are sometimes added to corners, extending outside of the string.
Fescu
Springkle
Zinger
Sedgling
Indy-rella
Bumper
Floo
Ynix
Opus
Perfs
spirals
loops


No comments:

Post a Comment